qemu-devel

[Qemu-devel] qemu-system-sparc

From: Tinnemeyer, Jorn
Subject: [Qemu-devel] qemu-system-sparc
Date: Tue, 10 May 2005 11:42:53 +0100

Hello,

I wish to emulate a SPARC32 machine on my x86 running linux (2.6.8).  I
currently have qemu 0.7.0 running and am able to use user SPARC emulation for
simple programs.  I do not require extensive SPARC CPU support (network, pci,
etc..) mainly wish to have a limited OS executing.  Is the current status of
qemu capable of accomplishing this?  I have tried the SPARC image available on
the QEMU website without success (it loads the kernel then stops at PROMLIB).
Any help or information would be most appreciated.

Thanks,
Joern.