qemu-devel

Re: [Qemu-devel] qemu-system-sparc

From: Fabrice Bellard
Subject: Re: [Qemu-devel] qemu-system-sparc
Date: Tue, 10 May 2005 21:44:01 +0200

Tinnemeyer, Jorn wrote:
Hello,

I wish to emulate a SPARC32 machine on my x86 running linux (2.6.8).
I currently have qemu 0.7.0 running and am able to use user SPARC
emulation for simple programs.  I do not require extensive SPARC CPU
support (network, pci, etc..) mainly wish to have a limited OS
executing.  Is the current status of qemu capable of accomplishing
this?  I have tried the SPARC image available on the QEMU website
without success (it loads the kernel then stops at PROMLIB).  Any
help or information would be most appreciated.

Strange: on my PC sparc-test-0.2.tar.gz is working perfectly (both the qemu-nog and qemu-g scripts)... Do other people have the same problem ?

Fabrice.