qemu-devel

Re: [Qemu-devel] We want to example qemu and the accel-module in ourdist

From: jeebs
Subject: Re: [Qemu-devel] We want to example qemu and the accel-module in ourdistribution.
Date: Thu, 12 May 2005 23:50:08 -0500

>Why not choose QEMU + QVM86, The QVM86 do same thing with accelerator
>module, but it is Open Source Project.

Because at the moment, qvm86 doesn't work well.  Still has bugs and
limitations.  And it actually seems to be *slower* than qemu without it.  Or
at least not much faster.

That's based on the only Windows cvs build that had qvm86 with it.  (Still
available from the club-internet.fr Win daily build mirror.)

I assume the linux build behaves the same, since it is based on the same
core routines and techniques.  That seems to be the impression I get from
the qemu users forum, anyway.

I'm sure it could be significantly improved, but at the moment there are
only a couple people working occasionally on it.  So it's not something you
can depend on being vastly improved on in the next few weeks.  (To be
honest, I suspect that the qvm86 techniques didn't work as well as the
author originally expected / hoped.  Just my feeling.)