qemu-devel

Re: [Qemu-devel] [patch] gcc4 host support

From: Gwenole Beauchesne
Subject: Re: [Qemu-devel] [patch] gcc4 host support
Date: Thu, 19 May 2005 16:07:35 +0200 (CEST)

On Thu, 19 May 2005, Paul Brook wrote:

> Do you have a URL? Neither google nor freshmeat.net turn up anything useful.

Sorry, here it is:
<http://svn.valgrind.org/vex/trunk/> (used for valgrind 3.0)
<http://www.valgrind.org/devel/cvs_svn.html>

> It would be nice if we could use some sort of portable JIT library, however I
> think in reality a few qemu specific hacks(most of which we already use with
> dyngen) and a relatively dumb JIT are going to perform better.

What about using GNU lightning as an intermediate solution? It has a
RISC-style ISA with up to 6 registers exposed. It's "dumb" (no
optimization) but it's good at generating code. I think it matches most
the "synthetic instruction" approach of dyngen.