qemu-devel

Re: [Qemu-devel] Using the qemu Monitor

From: Henrik Nordstrom
Subject: Re: [Qemu-devel] Using the qemu Monitor
Date: Sat, 21 May 2005 08:13:05 +0200 (CEST)

On Fri, 20 May 2005, Julian Chesterfield wrote:

Is there a way to redirect monitor IO to a local socket, e.g. a unix
filehandle socket, under linux? When I try to redirect to a pty using
'-monitor pty' the graphical qemu window doesn't boot. Am I starting
it incorrectly?

ARGS:
qemu -hda <IMAGE> -m 256 -boot c -nics 1 -n <IFUP_SCRIPT> -full-screen
-monitor pty

I then get the message:
char device redirected to /dev/pts/0

You then need to open /dev/pts/0 as if it was a serial port...

Regards
Henrik