qemu-devel

[Qemu-devel] cocoa.m using openGL

From: Peter Stewart
Subject: [Qemu-devel] cocoa.m using openGL
Date: Sun, 22 May 2005 15:00:41 +0200

Hello to all,

esp. Pierre d'Herbemont,

I have changed cocoa.m (0.7.0) to use openGL with very fast texturing. I removed the use of QuickDraw. The DisplayState data is now DMA'd to the graphics card instead of copied by the CPU. This uses apple's texture range extensions. The change means that the transfer of "display memory" incurs no CPU overhead. I also put in a bit more mouse stuff, and made some other fixes. I can't work out how to get the Window to get focus once it loses it, which is really a pain.

I Shark'd it to make sure there wasn't any overhead from the texturing. I tested with Knoppix and FreeDOS.

I am not sure if this is of interest to people, I just had a lazy weekend. I would like to give the code to the qemu project, but don't really know how to.

thanks,
peter.