qemu-devel

Re: [Qemu-devel] There is a bug in ppc_prep.c?

From: J. Mayer
Subject: Re: [Qemu-devel] There is a bug in ppc_prep.c?
Date: Mon, 23 May 2005 12:48:28 +0200

On Sun, 2005-05-22 at 22:07 +0300, Tero Kaarlela wrote:
> Hi,
>
>      I just browsed CVS repository and found following from ppc_prep.c:
>

> /* Check LE mode */
>         if (val & 0x02) {
>             printf("Little Endian mode isn't supported (yet ?)\n");
>             abort();
>
>    shouldnt this be ie:
>
> /* Check LE mode */
>         if (val & 0x02) {
>             printf("Switching to Little Endian mode...");
>            /* abort(); */
>

> ?

This is supposed to be needed for endian mode switch. However, we have
seen with OS/2 that it would be needed to do nothing when this bit is
set, then I'd prefer to do nothing: that only means, imho, that we don't
know what need to be swapped. Then I'd better not have the feature than
do sthing that I know is a bug (ie does not correspond to platform
specification).
Then, I did let this untouched in the repository.

--
J. Mayer <address@hidden>
Never organized