qemu-devel

Re: [Qemu-devel] cocoa.m using openGL

From: Mike Kronenberg
Subject: Re: [Qemu-devel] cocoa.m using openGL
Date: Tue, 24 May 2005 17:11:39 +0200

Hello Peter and Pierre

I have woven the patch into my patch and run some basic but in other times often used benchmarks with doom:

i unpacked freedos and installed doom from
http://www.kberg.ch/cocoaqemu/files/freedosdoom.img.zip

then i started doom with
doom -timedemo demo3

(reboot between the runs)

realticks with QD
2542
2544
2543
2543
2545
Average: 2543.4 => 29.3662 fps

realticks with openGL
2476
2466
2447
2451
2454
Average: 2458.8 => 30.3865 fps

To get fps from these Number you have to 35*2134/realticks

=> openGL is 3.5% faster on my system

plus
- it solves some issues i had with hiding/showing the toolbar (damaging the qd_view)
- it could accelerate the generation of livethumbnails i am using

Testbuild and diff are on
http://www.kberg.ch/cocoaqemu

At this point I'm asking, whether my patch should/can be included into the CVS, what changes I should make, or how to continue...

Mike