qemu-devel

[Qemu-devel] CVS : No longer boots a W2K image

From: Emmanuel Charpentier
Subject: [Qemu-devel] CVS : No longer boots a W2K image
Date: Sun, 29 May 2005 16:32:05 +0200

Dear List,

I recently upgraded to QEMU 0.7.0 (self-compiled with kqemu on top of
Debian Sid). It worked fine, but I was unable to use the new 1152x960 an
1280x1024 graphics mode in most case, image seriously garbled, and
reverting to 640x480x8 in the remainder of cases ; 1024x768x16 is still
OK after a reboot of the virtual machine).

So I decided to try the CVS version. The very same command line now
gives me the Bios page telling that the image is not bootable.

Reverting to the former version (0.7.0) still works fine. So I think
this is a problem specific to this CVS version.

The image is a 4 Gb Win2K .cow image created circa Oct, 2004 (0.6.1,
IIRC) with qemu-mkcow.

Any hints ?

                                        Emmanuel Charpentier

PS : I'd appreciate a Cc: to my own address, since I'm not on the list
and read it through the gmane archive...