qemu-devel

Re: [Qemu-devel] Re: Debugging guest OS

From: Mariano Wahlmann
Subject: Re: [Qemu-devel] Re: Debugging guest OS
Date: Thu, 02 Jun 2005 12:20:05 -0300

Ben Pfaff wrote:

Mariano Wahlmann <address@hidden> writes:

I want to know, if it's posible to debug an guest OS like bochs, i
mean disassemble current instruction, step by step running,
possibility of change registers values, etc. I try to use GDB, but i
think this is for debbuging qemu itself.

You can use gdb on the guest if you invoke qemu with -s.
that's right, thanks
but in order to disassemble i have to do "display /i $cs * 16 + $eip", this is for real mode, what is the syntaxis for protected mode? is there any varible that contains a pointer to current virtual address of the next instruction.

Mariano Agustín Wahlmann
Administrador de Red
Facultad de Agronomía - Buenos Aires - Argentina
Te.: (+54 11) 4524-8000 int.8108
email: mailto:address@hidden
www: http://www.agro.uba.ar