qemu-devel

Re: [Qemu-devel] Re: Debugging guest OS

From: Fabrice Bellard
Subject: Re: [Qemu-devel] Re: Debugging guest OS
Date: Thu, 02 Jun 2005 22:46:41 +0200

Mariano Wahlmann wrote:

Ben Pfaff wrote:

Mariano Wahlmann <address@hidden> writes:

I want to know, if it's posible to debug an guest OS like bochs, i
mean disassemble current instruction, step by step running,
possibility of change registers values, etc. I try to use GDB, but i
think this is for debbuging qemu itself.

You can use gdb on the guest if you invoke qemu with -s.
that's right, thanks
but in order to disassemble i have to do "display /i $cs * 16 + $eip", this is for real mode, what is the syntaxis for protected mode? is there any varible that contains a pointer to current virtual address of the next instruction.

In QEMU you have $pc which gives the correct value.

Fabrice.