qemu-devel

[Qemu-devel] KQemu FreeBSD wrapper cloning support

From: Craig Boston
Subject: [Qemu-devel] KQemu FreeBSD wrapper cloning support
Date: Fri, 10 Jun 2005 22:42:09 -0500

Hello,

Attached is an experimental patch I threw together this evening that
adds support for FreeBSD 5.x+ device cloning to Antony's kqemu wrapper.

I haven't done just a whole lot of testing, but it passes the "works for
me" test.  With it I'm able to load the module, start up a few
concurrent qemu instances (all using the accelerator), close some, open
one or two more, then close them all and unload the module.

So far the only problem I've run into is a panic if you repeatedly ls -l
/dev/kqemu and /dev/kqemu[0-9].  However, I am able to cause the same
panic by doing that with the tun device, so it appears to be a bug in
FreeBSD (possibly specific to 6.0-current).

It still has the 4 instance limit, which appears to have been copied
from the Linux module.  I debated removing it, but figured there must be
some reason it's in there...

Just thought you might be interested.

Craig