qemu-devel

Re: [Qemu-devel] Norton Ghost crashes with page fault for me too.

From: jeebs
Subject: Re: [Qemu-devel] Norton Ghost crashes with page fault for me too.
Date: Mon, 13 Jun 2005 21:37:54 -0500

As near as I can tell, they haven't done a thing, and weren't the slightest
bit interested in the bug report.

They don't even seem to keep track of reported bugs.  If a developer happens
to see a bug report about something he worked on, he might check into it.
But otherwise it gets forgotten in a day or two.

I'd think that the bug tracker at Savanah would be very useful for a
project, but apparently it doesn't get used.  I don't think any of the
devlopers or Fabrice have even suggested it get used to track bugs.

Savanah has a number of useful tools.... bug tracking, file download areas
(for executables, etc.), task manager.  Even a patch manager, so people can
submit patches easily.  Lots of things to help developers and users alike.

But none of that gets used.  Everything gets done though a mailing list,
where it's easy to forget about stuff.  (Or in my case, not even get the
message, due to spam filtering.)

FreeDOS mouse, various cd changing bugs, and qemu-img raw with 2g+ images
are three other significant items that have never been fixed.  Plus there
are times when qemu effects the host's mouse, even after qemu shuts down.
(Might be a Windows / SDL problem.  Dunno.)

One minor one (but relatively easy to work on) is spaces in filenames.  Qemu
can't do it in the monitor.  Can make it impossible to change floppies or
cd's, some times.

I'm not even sure if anybody has investigated the problems.

If a developer has a problem, then they can check into it themselves, of
course.

All us users can do is make a report and sit back and wait to see if
anything happens.  Sometimes it can be a long wait.