qemu-devel

[Qemu-devel] Linking cvs failure on amd64 - solved, but doesn't work.

From: Helge Hafting
Subject: [Qemu-devel] Linking cvs failure on amd64 - solved, but doesn't work.
Date: Tue, 14 Jun 2005 22:19:50 +0200

I avoided the error message by configuring only i386 emulation,
which is what I believe I need:

./configure  --target-list=i386-softmmu

Unfortunately, nothing happens when I run this qemu.
I don't get a window at all, so it won't even start booting up
with bios messages.  Nothing happens, although qemu uses 100% cpu.

What is the supported compiler for x86-64 host?  The doc webpages
mentions specific gcc versions for many hosts, but not x86-64.  That
host seem to be supported.  I currently use gcc (GCC) 3.3.6 from Debian.

Helge Hafting