qemu-devel

Re: [Qemu-devel] Re: Norton Ghost crashes with page fault for me too.

From: Jim C. Brown
Subject: Re: [Qemu-devel] Re: Norton Ghost crashes with page fault for me too.
Date: Wed, 15 Jun 2005 14:54:58 -0400

On Wed, Jun 15, 2005 at 12:28:35PM -0500, address@hidden wrote:
> Here are the steps I did.
>
> I follwed the mingw compilation instructions posted in the qemu-user's
> forum.  Just to make sure that my setup was working.
>
> >From http://www.gimp.org/win32/  I downloaded the recommended versions of:
>
> atk-1.8.0.zip
> atk-dev-1.8.0.zip
> gettext-runtime-0.13.1.zip
> glib-2.4.7.zip
> glib-dev-2.4.7.zip
> gtk+-2.4.14.zip
> gtk+-dev-2.4.14.zip
> libiconv-1.9.1.bin.woe32.zip
> pango-1.4.1.zip
> pango-dev-1.4.1.zip
> pkgconfig-0.15.zip
>
> I unzipped those in the msys/mingw directory.
>
> I then ran the msys program to get a 'linux shell'.
>
> I did a make clean in qemu.
>
> I copied all your files to the qemu directory.

Looks like you did everything correctly.

> I did "patch <qemu-gtk-patch.diff" and "patch <vl.c.diff"  Was I supposed to
> use any options?

No.

> I did:
>
> ./configure --target-list=i386-softmmu --static --enable-gtk
>
> and got:
>
> Install prefix    /c/Program Files/Qemu
> BIOS directory    /c/Program Files/Qemu
> binary directory  /c/Program Files/Qemu
> Source path       /home/Admin/qemu
> C compiler        gcc
> make              make
> host CPU          i386
> host big endian   no
> target list       i386-softmmu
> gprof enabled     no
> static build      yes
> SDL support       yes
> SDL static link   yes
> GTK support       yes
> GTK FS driver     null_fs.c
> mingw32 support   yes
> Adlib support     no
> FMOD support      no
> kqemu support     no
>
> Then 'make' and I got this error right at the end...
>
> H:/MSys/home/Admin/qemu/gdk_set_window_pointer.c:45: undefined reference to
> `GDK_WINDOW_HWND'
>
> (Plus, the usual assortment of warnings in a typical qemu build.)

I don't know how to fix that. GDK_WINDOW_HWND() is defined in a file called
gdkwin32.h

I've attached a modified version that includes gdkwin32.h directly. Just put
this file in qemu's directory (overwriting the old file). If you have gdkwin32.h
in your gdk include directory this should fix the error.

If this version doesn't work I'll try to write a replacement marco (gtk uses
many
internal macros - sometimes it can get real ugly).