qemu-devel

Re: [Qemu-devel] Booting Linux in Windows XP

From: André Braga
Subject: Re: [Qemu-devel] Booting Linux in Windows XP
Date: Thu, 16 Jun 2005 13:12:47 -0300

2005/6/16, Aaron Feng <address@hidden>:
> Yesterday I tried QEMU for the first time, I downloaded the 0.70
> Windows installer package, and everything installed just fine.  I also
> downloaded Mandrake 10 image from freeoszoo.org, but I'm having
> trouble to get Mandrake to boot.  Here is the command I used:
>
> qemu.exe -L "path_to_my_mandrake_image"
>
> Nothing happened, I just get the prompt back without any errors.  Is
> there any way for me to get a more informative error messages when I'm
> trying to boot?

Well, I guess you misunderstood the documentation, as you gave QEMU
the wrong option. -L is supposed to be fed with the path to the BIOS
image, not the OS image. The OS image file should be specified with
-hda or -cdrom, depending on the case.

--
"I invented the term Object-Oriented, and I can tell you I did not
have C++ in mind"-Alan Kay