qemu-devel

[Qemu-devel] Re: O/2 Warp 4 and eComStation

From: ecs user
Subject: [Qemu-devel] Re: O/2 Warp 4 and eComStation
Date: Fri, 17 Jun 2005 00:34:21 -0700 (PDT)

> From: Natalia Portillo <address@hidden>
> Try to boot it with less than 64Mb (48Mb).
> OS/2 hangs when 64Mb are informed in the standard
> way they seems to check that in some strange way.
> No matter it is 4.0, 4.5, eCS or whatever.

It does seem like a memory issue.

If I just keep rebooting everytime it hangs, I can
finally get a complete boot. Sometimes I have to
reboot 10-15 times. Once it does boot to the desktop
OS/2 Warp4 runs very nicely. No hangs once completely
booted and very responsive (on 2GHz machine). So you
see it acts more like flaky hardware or flaky driver
(in the emulation).

Need help.

>> --- ecs user <address@hidden> wrote:
>>
>> There are problems booting Warp4 and eComtation.
>> System hangs while loading certain drivers (IDE,
>> DASD, Diskette). By repeatedly booting, sometimes
>> can get a successful boot. Might be some type of
>> timing issue.
>
>> I have some small test images that demonstrate the
>> problem. Are there any developers here familiar
with
>> OS/2 that could look at this issue?
>
>> Is there a place I can upload the images (15MB)?

Yahoo! Sports
http://football.fantasysports.yahoo.com