qemu-devel

Re: [Qemu-devel] Looking for an easy way to exchange data bidirectional

From: Jim C. Brown
Subject: Re: [Qemu-devel] Looking for an easy way to exchange data bidirectional between host and guest (including some suggestion)
Date: Tue, 21 Jun 2005 16:02:35 -0400

On Tue, Jun 21, 2005 at 04:17:08PM +0200, Jan Marten Simons wrote:
> Jim C. Brown wrote:
>
> >I've been convinced. I'll take a look at it and see what can be done for a
> >builtin ftp server.
> >
> Hi Jim,
>

> Are there any results, yet?
> I'd like to help with testing this feature, as I cannot really help with
> coding.
>
> Jan

Not a lot yet. I have a minimal ftp server that would be perfect to use with
qemu, with much of the code rewritten. However, to make it interface with slirp
a lot more work is needed (basicly the ftp server uses sockets while slirp works
with tcp/ip packets directly. Thus I have to write a big interface layer (a sort
of BSD sockets library on top of the slirp tcp/ip stack).

The other approach that I've opted out of is to hack slirp to have support for
the ftp protocol and run the server externally thru real sockets. If you or
anyone else wants to try this, I'm willing to help a little.