qemu-devel

Re: [Qemu-devel] quick gtk2.c update

From: Jernej Simončič
Subject: Re: [Qemu-devel] quick gtk2.c update
Date: Tue, 21 Jun 2005 22:22:42 +0200

On Tuesday, June 21, 2005, 21:40:26, address@hidden wrote:

>>export CFLAGS="$CFLAGS -mms-bitfields"

> Okay, I tried that.

> I then did a 'make clean'.  Then the config, then the regular make

> But running the resulting qemu is still giving the same error.

Hmm, it's been a while since I last tried compiling Qemu, but maybe you'll
need to edit the makefiles to actually include that flag.

> Considering how big the GTK libraries are for Windows, to be honest, I'm not
> so sure it's a good idea, anyway.

> The sdl library is only 300k and can be included with qemu.

> The gtk libraries are more than 6 meg and would be a little big to include
> with qemu.  It just doesn't seem right to have the libraries being 8 times
> larger than the main program.

I'd say it's worth it, if Qemu gains a usable GUI this way. GTK+ libraries
are ~3,5MB download, and only need to be installed once.

--
< Jernej Simoncic ><><><><>< http://deepthought.ena.si/ >

Possessions increase to fill the space available for their storage.
       -- Ryan's Application of Parkinson's Law