qemu-devel

Re: [Qemu-devel] interesting tftp experiments

From: Henrik Nordstrom
Subject: Re: [Qemu-devel] interesting tftp experiments
Date: Thu, 30 Jun 2005 01:43:12 +0200 (CEST)

On Tue, 28 Jun 2005, CoMiKe wrote:

- If connecting on PORT mode in your FTP client, port 20 should be
redirected to your QEmu session through the -redir option.

This is supposed to work "automagically". Sounds like the slirp FTP "emulation" code has gone missing somehow...

- If you use passive mode on your FTP client (PASV) you don't need to
redirect any ports to QEmu, because in passive mode, the server is the
one that opens the port for data communication.

If you FTP to the virtual host address (10.0.2.3) then the slirp FTP "emulation" code still needs to fix up the addresses used..

I haven't used the user-net networking of qemu much as I have my qemu:s running with tun/tap networking to the host, but a lot of this worked just fine when I used slirp in it's original form some years ago for providing dialup access.

Regards
Henrik