qemu-devel

[Qemu-devel] netfilter

From: John R. Hogerhuis
Subject: [Qemu-devel] netfilter
Date: Sat, 02 Jul 2005 12:51:13 -0700

I was fiddling with getting FTP to work across user-net, and it seems to
me that there are some NAT issues with FTP, and DNS.

These specific issues can be fixed in slirp tcp_subr.c and elsewhere for
udp based DNS, but I'm wondering if this is the right way to go about
it. Perhaps the netfilter code should be shoehorned into slirp.
Netfilter already has several application level gateways and complete
configurability.

I'm sure having a full firewall between qemu and the guest/host OSes has
other applications as a sandbox for security analysis, besides just
making user-net work properly.

-- John.