qemu-devel

Re: [Qemu-devel] Re: Qemu Windows Host & Client Feedback

From: Doctor Bill
Subject: Re: [Qemu-devel] Re: Qemu Windows Host & Client Feedback
Date: Mon, 4 Jul 2005 16:21:06 -0400

Yes, it definitely acts like a stuck key.  But none of the pressing
none of the keys on my keyboard relieves the problem.  Only restarting
the QEMU virtual machine.  However, I
did figure out 90% of the time the problem occurs because I press the
windows key to switch tasks.  If I remember to first press CTRL+ALT+2
first, I completely avoid those occurrences.  Another 5% happens when
I don't focus the mouse onto the window before Windows finishes
starting.  Again, if I am patient I can avoid this 5%.  The last 5%
consist of cases when another window pops up and takes the focus on
it's own, or for yet unexplained reasons.  About the only way to avoid
this 5% is if I avoid multitasking foreground processes.

I would say this is a very serious usability problem, but for "alpha"
software I consider it mild because everything has a workaround.  More
serious to me are the networking problems with SAMBA.  However, I am
not convinced those are bug.  It could just be I am making some bad
guesses on how to configure samba due to lack of documentation.  So I
will try not to take up peoples time on this list until I know if it
is user errors or software
errors.

Bill