qemu-devel

Re: [Qemu-devel] Re: Building a disk image?

From: Magnus Damm
Subject: Re: [Qemu-devel] Re: Building a disk image?
Date: Wed, 6 Jul 2005 10:09:50 +0900

On 7/6/05, Jim C. Brown <address@hidden> wrote:
> On Tue, Jul 05, 2005 at 12:55:49PM -0500, Matt Lawrence wrote:
> > I guess I don't don't quite understand how to get the partition table set
> > up correctly with losetup.  It looks like another issue.  Also, how do I
> > get the bootloader configured correctly in a disk image?  I'm still a bit
> > confused.
> >
> > -- Matt
>
> First of all, losetup will not work with qcow images. You will need to use
> raw images if you want to be able to use losetup. fdisk (and cfdisk and
> sfdisk)
> have the same restriction.

One solution for that problem would be to access the images through
qemu. My little tool fsimage does that for you, but no bootloader is
included for now. If there is enough interest then I would be happy to
add new features such as bootloaders.

http://lists.gnu.org/archive/html/qemu-devel/2005-03/msg00106.html

/ magnus