qemu-devel

[Qemu-devel] QEMU for Mac OS X

From: Larry Baker
Subject: [Qemu-devel] QEMU for Mac OS X
Date: Thu, 7 Jul 2005 17:16:55 -0700

Larry,

Please post this message on the qemu-devel mailing-list or the user forums.

Pierre.

1. I am unable to get the pre-built QEMU for Mac OS X to connect to
my Mac Mini's SuperDrive.  I tried both -cdrom /dev/disk2 and
-cdrom /dev/disk2s0.  When I make a copy of the boot disk to my
desktop with Disk Utility, -cdrom ~/Desktop/disk_name.dmg, it works
fine.  I booted a copy of BartPE (CD of Windows XP).

2. BartPE found a RealTek network interface, but DHCP failed.  (The
IP address is 0.0.0.0.)  What setup can I use to get it to work?

3. I use the SIMH VAX simulator (http://simh.trailing-edge.com/) on my
PowerMac G5 at work.  It has no trouble accessing the SuperDrive as
/dev/disk1s0, and DECnet comes up just fine.  I didn't have to do
anything special (like run as root).  Maybe there is code at
http://simh.trailing-edge.com/ you could use.

4. I tried to compile and run the latest QEMU (qemu-0.7.0.tar.gz,
./configure, make [gives some warnings], make install).  It never comes
up.  So, I removed it and went back to the pre-built (0.5.5?) Mac OS X
version.

5. Neither command in the Mac OS X version's ReadMe.rtfd works.

Any suggestions?

Larry Baker