qemu-devel

Re: [Qemu-devel] scrollable window

From: Herbert Poetzl
Subject: Re: [Qemu-devel] scrollable window
Date: Sun, 10 Jul 2005 22:51:36 +0200

On Sun, Jul 10, 2005 at 02:53:23PM -0400, Jim C. Brown wrote:
> On Sun, Jul 10, 2005 at 08:37:18PM +0200, Herbert Poetzl wrote:
> > > That works too. So Herbert, tell us how does one set up a virtual screen
> > > a la X Server style when one is using Windows? Presumably there is some
> > > "powertoy" out there which does this, but I don't know of any myself.
> >
> > well, cygwin supports X, which probably gives you
> > all that and more ...
> >

> I was not aware that cygwin supported a virtual screen. It certainly doesn't
> do that in multiwindow mode (the most popular cygwin/x mode).
>
> > actually, never bothered with windows ...
>
> I believe he was asking with regards to Windows, as well as in general. So,
> not greatly helpful.

well, I just _assumed_ that the 'almighty' windows
supports something similar (as it really isn't a new
feature) and I don't think that reinventing the panning
inside a qemu gui would be the way to go ...

OTOH, open office did reinvent the workspace too, and
I guess that was inspired by the MS pendant ... so
maybe that's the 'windows' way to handle this after
all ...

best,
Herbert