qemu-devel

[Qemu-devel] gtk tarball

From: Jim C. Brown
Subject: [Qemu-devel] gtk tarball
Date: Sat, 16 Jul 2005 00:27:02 -0400

I've made some minor changes to gtk2.c which allow passing of parameters, though
there aren't many yet. The only recognized ones are -window-resize-on and
-raw-grab. Also, now gtk_init_check() sees the real arguments so you can
pass gtk options if you wish.

This also required some changes to vl.c, and applying patch upon patch is
getting unwieldy, so I'm putting all the patches and files you need to convert
plain qemu into qemugtk in a tarball. Simply extract it into the qemu directory
(the files will show up in the current directory) and apply qemu-gtk-patch.diff
and vl.c.diff, and reconfigure to enable gtk support.

-window-resize-on will make the gtk window resize everytime the guest resolution
changes (the scrollbars are still there so you can shrink the window and scroll
it if you want).

-raw-grab turns on old-style grabbing for non-fullscreen mode. The default mode
doesnt really grab but simply follows the host mouse (I find that using the raw
grab with a scrolled window can be very unwieldy). Full screen mode always uses
raw grab, there is no option to disable raw grab in full screen mode.

As for the gui, I've built the qgui that Sebastien provided but I haven't
figured
out how to merge it into qemu yet. The thing is massive and seems to be set up
to provide a GUI for a qemu which supports running multiple VMs  - in addition
there are what are apparently several startup screens that allow a user to
input options to qemu. Also there is GUI code for qemu-img (this I am not
planning on integrating). I don't have the slightest idea what the final
qGUI is suppose to feel like (there seem to be several windows which are just
slightly different versions of other ones, I guess I'm suppose to figure out
which version is best).