qemu-devel

Re: [Qemu-devel] Weird bahaviour of TOP and cdrom under Qemu-system-ppc

From: J. Mayer
Subject: Re: [Qemu-devel] Weird bahaviour of TOP and cdrom under Qemu-system-ppc
Date: Wed, 20 Jul 2005 22:46:33 +0200

On Wed, 2005-07-20 at 19:40 +0300, Tero Kaarlela wrote:
> Hi,
>
>   I have been running debian 3.1r0a under Qemu-system-ppc(PREP). I just
> noted few coupleof things:
>
>   1. Top gives really absurd values for processor % for few seconds then
> it crashes see http://personal.inet.fi/koti/ekasorvaus/qemuppc.png

This is a known issue that have been discussed here before.
As a summary, I found that it can happen on real hardware in some
(undetermined) case.
I found bug reports about this point with Google.

>   2. If I launch with -cdrom sarge.iso and start using this image under
> Qemu ie. mount gives a lot of hdb: DSC timeout

Fabrice has a fix for this.
You can also edit hw/ide.c and comment the one-line Darwin hack (easy to
find).

[...]

--
J. Mayer <address@hidden>