qemu-devel

Re: [Qemu-devel] news on the OS X cocoa port

From: Mike Kronenberg
Subject: Re: [Qemu-devel] news on the OS X cocoa port
Date: Thu, 21 Jul 2005 14:33:08 +0200

Hetz Ben Hamo wrote:

I just looked at the screenshots, and if you don't mind, I want to
offer few suggestions for your GUI:

1. RAM size - how about adding up/down arrows (in addition to what you
have right now) to increase RAM?
Good Idea. How should they id/decrement the value? One by one or doubling the Value?

2. Instead of Radio buttons in the Floppy/CDROM/Hard drive, I would
suggest to replace it with Check Boxes, so the ones that are not
needed by the user, will be grayed out until the check boxes will be
marked.
I look into that. Have You an Idea how we could optimize the choosing of cd-rom and cd-rom-image.

3. I would also suggest to add a "Boot from" pull down menu - to
select from which device to boot (useful for CD installation etc..)
On the list.

Thanks,
Hetz

Thanks.

[snip]

I'd like to keep the Panel as easy as possible, so "normal" Users won't be destracted by to much options. Probably I'm gonna ad '-localtime', '-smb', and '-user-net'/'-dummy-net', since I activate them by default.

I'm thinking of a new way to store the images and saved VMs, too.
Maybe we could make something like vpc: A package with the config, disk-images and saved VMs, located in ~/Documents/QEMU PCs/

any Ideas?

Mike