qemu-devel

Re: [Qemu-devel] Open Hack'Ware question

From: Karel Gardas
Subject: Re: [Qemu-devel] Open Hack'Ware question
Date: Thu, 21 Jul 2005 16:54:07 +0200 (CEST)

On Thu, 21 Jul 2005, Brian Wheeler wrote:

But, for your information, AIX boot has been tested and does not boot.
The reason is it use a specific boot file format (with AIXM magic at
start) and I did not spent any time to discover where is stored the code
offset (but I know what the offset value is).
As reported in OHW README, I did test AIX 4.3.3 & 5.1.

Would booting the bootfile.exe from the CD directly via -kernel be a
future option to work around the AIXM magic?  The exe looks to be a
standard ELF file for powerpc.

That would be cool, since this will also help me with booting RTEMS/PowerPC apps (which are also standard multi-boot elfs)
Unfortunately, I've not been able to come with any patch for this yet...

Karel
--
Karel Gardas                  address@hidden