qemu-devel

Re: [Qemu-devel] qemu on armeb host

From: Karel Gardas
Subject: Re: [Qemu-devel] qemu on armeb host
Date: Sat, 23 Jul 2005 19:14:30 +0200 (CEST)

On Sat, 23 Jul 2005, Josh Parsons wrote:

I'm new to this list, but I thought I'd join it, as I've been attempting
to build qemu for an armeb host, specifically the linksys nslu2 running
the "unslung" firmware.  It took a bit of patching, but I now have a
working qemu-i386 (other targets still need looking at).  As well as
patches related to armeb host support, I found a couple of cross-
compilation related bugs (the nslu2 is not a fast system, so I am cross-
compiling for it on an i386).

Interesting! What's the performance of x86 on ARM? I would guess something like 386/16-25MHz? Also are you running on stock nslu2 or have you done un-underclocking and now running on 266MHz?

Has anyone else here tried qemu hosted on armeb? What is the best way to
submit my patches? Should I post them here, or add them to the bug list
on savannah?

There is a lot of patches flowing thorough this mailing list, so I would assume this to be common practice.

Thanks,
Karel
--
Karel Gardas                  address@hidden