qemu-devel

Re: [Qemu-devel] QEMU release 0.7.1

From: Christian MICHON
Subject: Re: [Qemu-devel] QEMU release 0.7.1
Date: Tue, 26 Jul 2005 09:42:29 +0200

On 7/26/05, Mike Tremoulet wrote:
> Outstanding work!  I've been a fan of QEMU as a free emulator for some time.
>
> The changelog mentions that the KQEMU accelerator is now available as
> a preliminary executable for Windows.  I've not been able to find a
> link to that version anywhere.  Should I pull down the sources and
> compile on my Linux machine, or is there a pre-compiled version about?

How could I miss this from the Changelog. Shame on me :)
The kqemu 0.7.1 download link is on qemu homepage.

I did not manage to compile a newer kqemu.sys, so I used
the binary inside the archive directly. It works and **rocks**.

The ravi-demo (winosi) shows inside win2k3 guest a 10x
improvement in refresh rate (2.56fps vs ~29fps).

Inside a linux guest, linux 2.6.10 compilation takes now
4 minutes. Used to be more than 20 minutes without kqemu.

So apparently kqemu on windows host now works.
Bravo Fabrice. Cool achievement :)

Thanks again.
Christian