qemu-devel

Re: [Qemu-devel] kqemu problem - linux amd64 host, win xp guest

From: Paul LeoNerd Evans
Subject: Re: [Qemu-devel] kqemu problem - linux amd64 host, win xp guest
Date: Tue, 26 Jul 2005 12:26:23 +0100

On Tue, 26 Jul 2005 09:38:51 +0200
Adrian Smarzewski <address@hidden> wrote:

> Problems with kqemu: win xp displays only the
> "We apologize for inconvenience, but Windows did not start
> successfully. A recent hardware or software change might have
> caused this." screen all the time.

I don't know of WinXP, but I get problems running Win98 with kqemu. The
site does say it's only been successfully tested with Linux 2.4, 2.6 and
Win2k.. It might be that these other Windows are using borderline obscure
features of the processor in some odd way which kqemu doesn't quite
support yet...?

--
Paul "LeoNerd" Evans

address@hidden
ICQ# 4135350       |  Registered Linux# 179460
http://www.leonerd.org.uk/