qemu-devel

Re: [Qemu-devel] Problem installing WIndows

From: Christian MICHON
Subject: Re: [Qemu-devel] Problem installing WIndows
Date: Wed, 27 Jul 2005 13:03:03 +0200

1) have you tried using qemu-img instead of dd ?
   (I usually use the qcow format for windows guests. 2G should be ok.
    "qemu-img create -f qcow hd.img 2G" )

2) you do not mention bios path, memory of vm and boot sequence.
  I suggest you add at least the "-boot d". By default, 128M will be used
  for the vm (sufficient for XP). Make sure your debian box has plenty of
  RAM (512M is good).

3) is your qemu optimized? and which version of gcc is used?

Christian