qemu-devel

Re: [Qemu-devel] Problem installing WIndows

From: Christian MICHON
Subject: Re: [Qemu-devel] Problem installing WIndows
Date: Wed, 27 Jul 2005 14:32:05 +0200

On 7/27/05, Antony Gelberg wrote:
> I mentioned the command line in my original post to the thread.
>
> qemu -boot c -cdrom /dev/cdrom -hda hd.img

sorry. I'm used to add it at the end of the cmd line :)

> > 3) is your qemu optimized? and which version of gcc is used?
>
> I have had a look in the Debian config.  The only non-standard configure
> option is --enable-slirp.  Debian compiles qemu with -Wall -O2 -g
> -fno-strict-aliasing.  Not sure what gcc was used, but probably 3.3.

just to make sure it's not 3.4.x or 4.x.x :)

one last question: it's an OEM version or a std version (like upgrade or
full install) ? I expect OEM versions not to work (qemu hardware may not
be aligned with the particular OEM version you have, in which case I'd
expect an error 7b sooner or later, or a hang...)

Christian