qemu-devel

[Qemu-devel] Re: notes on tun networking

From: Eric S. Johansson
Subject: [Qemu-devel] Re: notes on tun networking
Date: Wed, 27 Jul 2005 14:55:16 -0400

Mulyadi Santosa wrote:
Dear Eric....

I have been stymied by the networking of qemu and I really want to
try and solve my problems and hopefully document them so the solution
is useful to others.

i read it at a glance and I think it is well written. Very useful for newbie and also helpful as cheat sheet for Qemu veterans. Anyway, to make easier for other to read and study it, perhaps you can post it on Hetz's www.dad-answers.com? Just create an account and post your document on HOWTO section....

I would be glad to post it. I was hoping for someone to give me a little bit of help with the IP tables rules first. My suspicion is that with a couple of relatively simple rules one could masquerade each address on the vlan. Unfortunately, I have neither the time or the energy to wrap my head around iptables yet again. Since I stopped being heavily involved in IPCop, I don't use them anywhere near often enough for the knowledge to stick. that's one of the problems of being a Mr. know it all. You quickly become a Mr. forgets too much :-)

thanks again for the feedback. I'll assume that since nobody else commented, it's a perfect document. ;-)

---eric

(the USENET nod implies consent)