qemu-devel

[Qemu-devel] small bugs in 0.7.1

From: ace
Subject: [Qemu-devel] small bugs in 0.7.1
Date: Wed, 27 Jul 2005 20:58:34 +0200

Hi.
I just got the new qemu 0.7.1. Here are my comments:
- I subjectively think it is slower than 0.7.0. Is that possible?
- I compiled from source but had problem with kqemu. It
compiled with a warning but created the kernel module. But
the module can't be loaded into the kernel, is says
'unresolved symbol __PAGE_KERNEL_EXEC'. Compilation of
older qemu and kqemu worked fine under this same kernel.
My system is Slackware 10.1, kernel 2.6.12.1 (custom built).
- I have a qcow image file which should contain the
differences against a real harddisk partition /dev/hda
(created using this function in qemu-img). When I wanted to
start qemu with this image, it complained it can't read
this file. But I had proper permissions for it. Using
strace I found out, qemu issued this error only after
trying to read /dev/hda, for which I didn't have permissions
(I wasn't root). Can this misleading text be corrected?

Peter