qemu-devel

Re: [Qemu-devel] KQEMU on Win32 (+patch)

From: Filip Navara
Subject: Re: [Qemu-devel] KQEMU on Win32 (+patch)
Date: Thu, 28 Jul 2005 14:40:54 +0200

Christian MICHON wrote:

>inside the qemu monitor (CTRL-ALT-2), type "info kqemu".
>Just to confirm.
>
>If you get "kqemu is enabled", report exactly which linux
>guest you're using. Did you do your own qemu compilation ?
>
>if not, you surely missed applying the regedit file, reboot the
>machine and do a "net start kqemu".

JFYI, I replaced the .reg file with .inf file and the restart is no
longer necessary.

>Side question: is there a way to start this net service
>automatically ?

Generally yes.
- With the current setup you can change the driver settings to enable
"HKEY_LOCAL_MACHINE/Software/CurrentControlSet/Services/KQEMU" registry
key and setting it to "2".
- In future I plan to add code for auto-loading the KQEMU driver to QEMU
if Fabrice agrees.

- Filip