qemu-devel

Re: [Qemu-devel] KQEMU on Win32 (+patch)

From: Christian MICHON
Subject: Re: [Qemu-devel] KQEMU on Win32 (+patch)
Date: Thu, 28 Jul 2005 15:29:03 +0200

found out why :)

On 7/28/05, 姚春林 wrote:
(...)
> debian + gnome 2.1
> gnome is slow . and vmware with 256mem is more faster then qemu.

answer is: gnome usage. Bad idea, which ever is your emulator.
Try to go for lighter window manager environment, like fluxbox.

Try also to boot in framebuffer mode, in 800x600x16bpp. I noticed
this mode is quite fast :)

I think there are some patches to try to improve the cirrus emulated.
But I haven't seen any updated for a long time.

Christian