qemu-devel

Re: [Qemu-devel] KQEMU on Win32 (+patch)

From: Doctor Bill
Subject: Re: [Qemu-devel] KQEMU on Win32 (+patch)
Date: Thu, 28 Jul 2005 10:44:27 -0400

If you are running Linux under Windows, I highly recommend using
coLinux.  It is more of a pain to initially configure, but once it is
the code runs just as fast as with a native Linux boot.  Maybe
someday, someone will merge the front ends to these two entirely
different programs...

If anyone knows some good Linux benchmark programs it would be
interesting to run comparisons on the same hardware of the two
different methods of vitalization.

Don't get me wrong, I am a strong advocate of QEMU.  But only for
environments where there isn't a more direct route to host another OS.
 So I do use QEMU to host other Windows operating systems, but I would
only use it for Linux system when coLinux is unusable.

Bill