qemu-devel

Re: [Qemu-devel] Problem installing WIndows

From: Filip Navara
Subject: Re: [Qemu-devel] Problem installing WIndows
Date: Thu, 28 Jul 2005 19:04:11 +0200

Antony Gelberg wrote:

Paul Brook wrote:
On Wednesday 27 July 2005 14:21, Antony Gelberg wrote:

I've gotten a little further, but don't seem to be finding this as easy
as some of you.  I can now type the admin password at the login screen,
but I get a dialog, title "Windows Product Activation", text "A problem
is preventing Windows from accurately checking the license for this
computer.  Error Code: 0x800703e6.

Any more ideas?  This is XP Pro corp, by the way, and I have not set up
networking yet (don't have the tun module compiled).
You need to boot in safe mode and install a service pack (SP1 or SP2, doesn't matter which).

Worked great, perhaps this could be in the FAQ?
Reading the documentation would help... (http://www.qemu.org/qemu-doc.html#SEC30)

- Filip