qemu-devel

[Qemu-devel] kqemu fix

From: ace
Subject: [Qemu-devel] kqemu fix
Date: Sat, 30 Jul 2005 14:30:19 +0200

Hi.

I can confirm that the fix for the PAGE_KERNEL_EXEC issue works with my kernel 2.6.12.1, gcc 3.3.4, i386.

Now kqemu works with Win95! I have one question: there is a setting MAX_INSTANCES in kqemu source, set to 4. It has influence on the size of memory allowed to be locked (by qemu?). What purpose do these 2 constants have? The setting of 4 produces 5MB of lockable memory on my system. I try to use qemu -m 24, on a 48MB system. Running qemu in this situation produces 70MB of swapped out memory. Do these settings have any influence on the performance of the virtual machine?

Win95 detected (after several reboots) all the emulated hardware and set it up correctly. I tried to use the -user-net and -smb options. The system can ping 10.0.2.2. but nothing else. 10.0.2.3 or 4 are unreachable. I read the -smb option needs an installed samba server. I have that (samba 3.0). But there is no explanation whether this server needs to be properly configured (to share the appropriate directory). Or does qemu configure it automatically at each run?

Peter