qemu-devel

[Qemu-devel] Re: freebsd qemu port update - kqemu wrapper merge, need te

From: Vladimir Kushnir
Subject: [Qemu-devel] Re: freebsd qemu port update - kqemu wrapper merge, need testing
Date: Sat, 6 Aug 2005 00:40:06 +0300 (EEST)

Hi
Thanks for your work, but... (see below)

On Fri, 5 Aug 2005, Juergen Lock wrote:

Okay, I finally got around looking at this a little longer and
came up with the port update below.  Specifically, I tried to merge
the good parts of the old kqemu wrapper:

- device cloning support on 5.x (multiple vms can use kqemu, tested
and seems to work)
- 4.x support (untested, I'm not sure if vm_map_user_pageable can
be used as a 1-to-1 replacement for vm_map_{un,}wire on 4.x, can
anyone here definitely say?)
- max_locked_pages calculation

Also:

- moved debug messages under debug.kqemu_debug sysctl
(do `sysctl debug.kqemu_debug=1' to enable)
- fixed a small bug
- added the amd64 ata irq mapping fix

Also untested on amd64.

Here it goes:

 ~> uname -a
FreeBSD kushnir1.kiev.ua 7.0-CURRENT FreeBSD 7.0-CURRENT #10: Thu Aug 4 04:17:5
4 EEST 2005     address@hidden:/usr/obj/usr/src/sys/KUSHNIR  amd64

This is Athlon64 3000+ -based box, Asus A8N SLI MB.
qemu itself builds and works like a charm ('sept the sound doesn't work), but as far as kqemu is concerned - it loads perfectly all right but no /dev/kqemu... is created. No warnings, no panics... and no kqemu's speed boost (obviously).

Is there anything I could do?

Regards,
Vladimir