qemu-devel

Re: [Qemu-devel]kqemu static link?

From: Jonas Maebe
Subject: Re: [Qemu-devel]kqemu static link?
Date: Thu, 18 Aug 2005 19:08:15 +0200

On 18 aug 2005, at 18:44, Flavio Visentin wrote:

Is it possible to statically link the kqemu module into the linux
kernel 2.6.x)? (because I would like to disable loadable modules).

AFAIK no, at least because of the licence (not GPL). Technically there
would be broblems too, because you don't have the code for
compilation. Maybe you could try with qvm86 which is GPL, but I don't
know if it can be compiled inside a monolithic kernel.

The GPL only applies in case of distribution. You are free to locally mix GPL code with anything else in any way you want without any external obligations, as long as you do not distribute the result.

Jonas