qemu-devel

Re: [Qemu-devel] Kickstart with CentOS4

From: John R. Hogerhuis
Subject: Re: [Qemu-devel] Kickstart with CentOS4
Date: Fri, 19 Aug 2005 21:49:17 -0700

On Fri, 2005-08-19 at 22:27 -0500, Matt Lawrence wrote:
> I've given up on trying to build a disk image manually, so now I'm
> trying to automate the kickstart installation for CentOS4. By using an
> iso of the first CD and a floppy file with a ks.cfg and doing a "linux
> ks=floppy" at the boot screen, I can get the install to fire off. Now
> I would like to figure out how to get the install to start
> automatically without having to type anything in at the boot: prompt.
> Suggestions?

type

linux ks=floppy<ENTER>

and quickly save a snapshot, then always boot using -loadvm

That won't work if the CentOS image is changing all the time. So it
depends on what you're trying to accomplish.

The more general solution would be to allow the virtual keyboard to take
input from some other source, say a response file, stdin, pty, etc.
Dunno if anyone has a patch to do that, or if there's a way to do it
with QEMU as it is (I don't think so).

-- John.