qemu-devel

Re: [Qemu-devel] Read/Write to shares on Windows (XP Pro) host fromWindo

From: Kazu
Subject: Re: [Qemu-devel] Read/Write to shares on Windows (XP Pro) host fromWindows (2000 Adv) guest.
Date: Thu, 25 Aug 2005 15:38:17 +0900

Thursday, August 25, 2005 11:23 AM Francois Rioux wrote:

What I'm trying to achieve is to write a file from a guest OS to a host.
In this case both are Windows OS.

I use the user network command line options since I looking for a no
install on host, portable solution.

I've tried various build in solutions: -tftp (read-only), and -smb (not
supported in windows host) do me no good.

What I manage to do with a certain success is to map network shares of the
host in the guest (net use z: >10.0.2.2>\MyShare in the guest).  I can
browse and read files from the mapped drive.  However I can't write to it
from the guest. I received an Access Denied message instead even if the
share is set so Everyone has Full Control.

I think there is a checkbox that "Allow to change files to network user" in
MyShrare folder's property on Windows XP host.
Sorry I don't have English version of Windows, so "explanation" is not
correct. I checked it, then I can write a file from guest to host.

There isn't such checkbox on Windows 2000 host.

Regards,
Kazu