qemu-devel

Re: [Qemu-devel] Timing/Clock problem with a Windows Host

From: Andreas Mohr
Subject: Re: [Qemu-devel] Timing/Clock problem with a Windows Host
Date: Thu, 25 Aug 2005 11:46:09 +0200

Hi,

On Thu, Aug 25, 2005 at 09:50:16AM +0200, address@hidden wrote:
> Hi List,
> I am working with a Linux client ( kernel 2.6.12 ) on a Win2K QEMU Host.
> On the client the clock is "crawling" with factor 0.1 (it takes about 10
> seconds for a "sleep 1"). Any hints how to correct this behaviour ?

Could be APIC: try "noapic" boot parameter. Also try the troubleshooting
mentioned in various Linux dynticks discussions, e.g. the CK kernel list.

Toggling ACPI/APM use ("acpi=on/off", "apm=on/off"?) on boot might also help.

Time factor 10 sounds familiar to me, from recent discussions somewhere.

A modern PC has various timer sources (PIT, ACPI timers, CPU timers, ...),
so you need to make sure to experiment with Linux using different ones,
in the kernel configuration.

Andreas Mohr