qemu-devel

Re: Re: [Qemu-devel] Timing problems

From: Mulyadi Santosa
Subject: Re: Re: [Qemu-devel] Timing problems
Date: Mon, 29 Aug 2005 10:01:39 +0700

Hello...

> It simply
> replaces the virtual timer mechanism based on CPU tick count (which
> is totally messed up in a SpeedStep setting) with calls to the
> realtime clock. It should work even when emulation is stopped
> intermittently, I hope, since the  built in "virtual clock stop"
> mechanism ist left unchanged.

Hm..... hard choice.....correctness traded for perfomance.... But
anyway....IMHO this hack  is needed for every speed-step enabled
machine. Perhaps...the other workaround is via cpufreqd? I don't have
any Pentium M based PC/laptop around, so this is just a pure guess

BTW, your patch seems reversed....if you really mean you want to fetch
realtime clock, you should use "rdtsc", right? But the patch seems
replaced "rdtsc" with get_clock()....

Another thing, IMHO it is better to use unified format (diff -u). More
readable and i think it is a standart

regards

Mulyadi