qemu-devel

Re: [Qemu-devel] DMA in Windows 2000/XP/2003

From: Brad Campbell
Subject: Re: [Qemu-devel] DMA in Windows 2000/XP/2003
Date: Mon, 29 Aug 2005 10:56:15 +0400

Kazu wrote:

This patch might help..

http://ebisa.hp.infoseek.co.jp/qemu/arcs/qemu-piix4-udma-20050514.zip

Interesting.. after applying that patch both my win2k and winxp installs
refused to boot.
Winxp gets as far as the safe mode selection screen, select safe mode and it goes straight back to the selection screen. Win2k just bluescreens during the boot process mumbling something about being unable to access the boot disk.

However, a fresh clean winxp install appears to be working and is reporting DMA
enabled.
(Also appears to be a little lighter on the host cpu, but have not really got
any way of benchmarking).

Go figure ?!?

I'm wondering if this patch is ever likely to make it into mainline?

Brad