qemu-devel

Re: [Qemu-devel] QEMU_TMPDIR temp folder for KQEMU for Windows.

From: Filip Navara
Subject: Re: [Qemu-devel] QEMU_TMPDIR temp folder for KQEMU for Windows.
Date: Tue, 30 Aug 2005 11:08:50 +0200

Francois Rioux wrote:
[snip]

Ramdisk might have been a real performance accelerator for Windows hosts with enough RAM available. Since I can't find the temp memory image file is saved, I can't use that option.

Why do you think that it would improve performance? Sorry, but that's complete rubbish... The guest RAM is allocated using standard virtual memory functions and as long as you have enough memory the system will probably leave it in the physical RAM anyway... If you don't, it's swapped out to page file. This is much more versatile solution since you don't have to reserve a chunk of the RAM for a disk and _permanently_ waste your memory resources this way...

*/"Jim C. Brown" <address@hidden>/* wrote:

[snip]

    IIUC this is a reference to shmfs. So this doesn't apply to KQEMU
    on Windows
    hosts. I'm not an expert on the Windows versions tho, so I'm not
    100% sure of
    this.

Correct.

- Filip