qemu-devel

Re: [Qemu-devel] qemu vs. win4lin pro

From: John R. Hogerhuis
Subject: Re: [Qemu-devel] qemu vs. win4lin pro
Date: Thu, 01 Sep 2005 01:10:23 -0700

On Thu, 2005-09-01 at 08:40 +0200, Stefan Kombrink wrote:
> Hi there,
>
>  I tried win4lin pro and found it very similar to running win2k using qemu.
> Speed (of graphics) is not higher and it uses the same hardware.
> Does it contain less bugs than qemu or what's the advantage that makes user
> pay 89$ for it?

Never used it, but here's their answer to this question:

http://www.win4lin.com/content/view/131/155/

So you're not imagining that it behaves similar to QEMU.  As to whether
$X for support, smoothing rough edges and whatnot is worth it to party
Y, only Y can say.

For myself, I like my computers to need me. If everything just worked,
aside from being bored, I'd be superfluous! So I get my QEMU from source
control.

-- John.